BACK TO SCHOOL DOESN'T HAVE TO BE STRESSFUL
WITH FOCUS, YOU CAN LIVE THIS FALL WITH PURPOSE. PART 1
When I was a kid, we didn't even worry about school supplies until mid or late August! I personally loved the beginning of school. From the excitement of finding out whose class I was in and who my friends would be, to the smell of the cigar box that I put my pencils and erasers in...it was fun and to this day I have fond memories.
Things have changed. Life seems more complicated, more pressed, and more stressed. Of course, I am an adult now and have been for quite some time! I'm a grandparent now! But that doesn't exempt me from the constraints of the stress that comes with the fall year. It's like there are really two new years, one being at the start of fall, and one being at the midst of winter.
I want to encourage you about this one fact: The months between Labor Day and Thanksgiving are the most "giving" and "health yielding" months that you will see on the calendar besides February thru May!
The 12 weeks during the fall months are FANTASTIC months to focus on your health for these reasons:
- There is more structure required in these months unlike the summer months.
- Most vacations are done and over with which enables a person to stick to a planned way of eating.
- Sleep and wake times are more structured. This enhances a person's ability to stay on a consistent eating pattern and timing of fuelings.
- It's easier to predict unplanned events like drop in visitors and unplanned meals.
- There are very few holidays for most on the Western Calendar. Holidays are harder to navigate in when it comes to eating healthy and staying on plan.
- Families are more prone to stick together on eating times and regimens to promote their own schedules and commitments.
- Exercise is easier because it is cooler, and it is also easier to structure lives around scheduling it vs. summer months.
- It's easier to hydrate. Serious Hydration comes with a schedule and is planned. Summer months are harder to stay hydrated. Hydration adds to fat burn when in the fat burning stage.
- Health goals are easier because if you set your goals from the start of the 12 weeks (From Labor Day to Thanksgiving) massive strides can be accomplished in those 12 weeks just before the holiday schedule begins!
Before the holiday schedule begins, you can not only be your healthier self to show off at your parties and family reunions, you can also learn to structure yourself and learn how not to lose ground but maintain during the holidays. (Those of you who want to continue to make strides in fat loss can continue also...it just takes focus.)
I would be amiss if I did not tell you that it is hard to do anything without a Health Coach. It can be done, but rarely, and if it is done, 85 percent of those who do make progress alone, will return back to their unhealthy status.
That's why I'm here!
I also do a "Fall Into Health Campaign" that is structured to "community" and also "one on one" by supplying a private Facebook page during these 12 weeks (From Labor Day to Thanksgiving) for people who want to become members and participate.
This is a two part email. I will finish this "Back to School" issue in the next couple of weeks.
I do want to promote a book. This time now and just before September 1, is a great time to read a good book that will help you in the 5 months ahead.
It will help you learn "how" to structure your life and organize it around what matters most. This is one of the single most helpful books that I have ever read: "The Compound Effect" by Darren Hardy.
Even though some of us don't "feel" that we are impacted by the Fall schedule, we all are. Whether it be more traffic on the road, more lines at lunch,or more chatter from stressful parents, it impacts us all.
Darren will help you learn how to structure your day in a way that is a "win" "win" for you and for those around you.
Stay tuned for my emails. I work diligently to stay relevant to life in general and help give you coping tools to live your best life ever.